Monday, July 27, 2015

TOUCHING ETERNITY, LESSONS TAUGHT BY RIVER ROCKS, A POEM


* * *

Touching Eternity,
Lessons Taught By River Rocks


I feel the stone
In the cup of my hand,
Round and smooth;
Eternity's reflection glitters
In crystals of quartz
Polished by eons of water and ice.
Rock
Quarried from the river bed,
Shoveled and dumped
By a spreader to make a road;
For man's measure of
Distance and years.
They knew erosion
And the patient grind of time.
Like the ones who built
The Pyramids, China's Wall,
And Stonehenge
The would be masters will pass
To dust-
And the river stones will sleep
Again.
I lay this handful of eternity
On the mortal ground
And look to heaven
Where He
Who is beyond time
Is called the Rock of Salvation
And in Him I see no end.


* * * * *

Thank you for visiting and reading my poem. I hope you enjoyed it and that it blessed your day. 

Please see the sidebar for my best-loved poems, I am sure you will enjoy them too.


Please use the buttons below to share this with your social networks. Thank You.

(c) Adron Dozat 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment