Wednesday, February 04, 2015

STEPS IN THE DARK, A POEM ABOUT FINDING THE WAY

Steps In The Dark,
A Poem About Finding The Way

It should be day and
There should be blue
Above the dark wood.
I seek stones to step on
In the shadows
To cross the torrent
Of angry foam;
Its water mumbles
In voices of gloom
To ask,
Where God has gone to.
The darkness counsels to
Find comfort in defeat
Under the dark oaks
Whose roots tangle the path
And grasp at my feet.
But I await another voice
Beyond the dark.
I listen
And follow the dove's song
To that place
That I've yet to be-
Where the light
Pierces the shadows
Like pillars to the sun.


(c) Adron Dozat 2015

* * * * *

Thank you for visiting and reading my poem. I hope you enjoyed it and that it blessed your day. 

Please see the sidebar for my best-loved poems, I am sure you will enjoy them too.



Please use the buttons below to share this with your social networks. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment