Monday, August 18, 2014

MIDNIGHT SONGS, A POEM ABOUT PEACEFUL SOLITUDE

This is a short freestyle poem about the companionship of creation in our pilgrimage and purpose. It is about the solitude that is not alone.


* * * * *

Midnight Songs,
A Poem of Solitude


In the darkness
Around me
Crickets sing midnight songs
With a melody of
"Chee-ceeee,
Chee-ceeee,
Chee-ceeee."
The rain drops
Slide off leaves
Above and
Splat
With rhythm of
Plot-plot,
Plot-plot.
The gravel recites
A raspy verse
With a crinkle crunch,
Crinkle crunch
Under my step.
I think I am alone,
But for these
Soft voices singing
Sorrowful lullabies
As I walk the long path
To dawn.



Sometimes as I fight depression I go for long midnight walks, once in a while the night sounds give me inspiration and hope.

* * * * *

Thank you for visiting and reading my poem. I hope you enjoyed it and that it blessed your day.

Please see the sidebar for my best-loved poems, I am sure you will enjoy them too.




Please use the buttons below to share this with your social networks. Thank You.

(c) Adron Dozat 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment